The Sherborne School Foundation exists to support the development of Sherborne School, and to support its continuation as a top academic school for boys that promotes the widest opportunity and fulfilment outside the classroom.
If you have any comments to make please contact us. If you would like to make a gift towards one of the Foundation's projects, please click on the button above to donate securely online with Virgin Money Giving.
Annual Fund 2015-16
The latest issue of the Shirburnian magazine provided details of many of the School's activities last year. A large number of these, including the literary festival The Sherborne Sessions, the regular lectures for the Inspirational Speaker Programme and a proportion of the sport coaching, took place thanks to support from the Annual Fund.
During the 2015-16 Annual Fund, we are hoping that Old Shirburnians, parents and other friends of the School will come together again as they have done year on year to generously support these important ongoing projects. Please click here to read this year's brochure.
The Annual Fund seeks funding for the following:
- Academic Festivals - to build on the success of the literary and science festivals to date.
- Ed Moorhouse Fund - to enable 'high flying' pupils to undertake important enrichment courses.
- Foundation Fellows - to welcome bright young Fellows, usually from the US, to teach and help at Sherborne for a year.
- Inspirational Speaker Programme - to give the boys opportunities to broaden their horizons beyond the confines of the curriculum.
- Bursaries and Scholarships - to enable boys who would otherwise be unable to join the School to come to Sherborne.
- Travel and Tour Bursary Fund - to enable boys who would otherwise be unable to afford the cost to attend trips which are useful for their development.
- Sports Coaching Fund - to provide specialist coaching in required areas across the sporting curriculum.
The support of the Foundation's Annual Fund impacts deeply on the daily lives of Sherborne's boys, and depends upon the generosity of many supporters participating at a level which is comfortable for them. Please consider making your gift to the Annual Fund 2015-16.
Foundation Giving Societies
The 1550 Society (for donors over £50,000)
Invited to private dinners and other events. 1550 Society members also have their names added to the Benefactors Board at the entrance to the Big School Room.
The King Edward VI Society (for donors between £10,000 and £49,999)
Invited to private dinners and other events.
The Chairmans’ Society (for donors between £1,000 and £9,999)
Invited to lunchtime receptions, drinks parties and other events.
The Headmasters’ Society (regular donors)
Invited to an annual drinks party.
The Bow Society (those leaving a legacy)
Invited to lunches in London and Sherborne.
Ten year donors (those who have given a regular or individual gift for ten or more years)
Invited to an annual event in Sherborne.